14-week traineeship in Music is designed for anyone interested in developing a career in the Music, Film, Entertainment industry or creative sector. Choosing the OMG traineeship will mean that you study a course which is bespoke for you and your needs and abilities.
Who is the traineeship for?
This traineeship is for anyone interested in a music career who is NEET (not in education, employment, or training) and aged between 16 to 24. We offer Functional Skills in Maths and English up to level 2 but if you already have a level 2 qualification in both or are still welcome to join our provision as we offer other developmental courses of study.
What will you do?
You will focus on developing the skills needed to sustain a career working in the music and creative industries alongside others. You will also undergo qualifications in:
- Functional Skills English and Maths: Delivered up to level 2
- Employability Skills: You will also have guaranteed work experience in media, retail, admin and many more industries towards the end of the traineeship/study Programme.
- Music Technology: Level 1 qualification
Our Specialist Teaching Spaces:
- Maths & English Functional skills up to level 2
- Music & Film studio
- Video Editing
- Editing suite
- Employability Skills
- Learner services hub
- Mentoring and Wellness Room
- Chill out zone with PlayStation 5 & Board games
- Pool Table
- Football Cage
Requirements and prospects
Who can apply for the Level 1 Music Technology Traineeship?
The Traineeship is for anyone who meets the following requirements:
- Be keen to get into the Music Industry
- Unemployed or working less than 16 hours a week
- Aged 16 to 24 with no qualifications at level 2 or above
• Level 2/3 Course in Music Production
• Full/Part Time Employment