This qualification is designed for learners aged pre-16 and above. There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification; however, learners might find it useful if they have a completed level 1 qualification. The Level 2 Certificate in Music Technology is an ideal qualification for learners who wish to develop their underpinning knowledge of the processes and principles of music production. The qualification provides learners with a good insight into the skills and knowledge they require, not only for working in the music industry, but also for employment in general.
This qualification will:
- focus on the study of music technology within the arts, media and publishing sector
- offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
- provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills.
- develop skills in music technology and the recording process
- develop technical skills using music technology
- enable learners to perform using music technology
- enable learners to progress to further study both at level 2 and above
- develop existing ICT, communication, project management, time management and team working skills.
Requirements and prospects
This qualification is designed for for learners aged pre-16 and above. There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification; however, learners might find it useful if they have a completed level 1 qualification.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• NCFE Level 3 Applied General Certificate in Music Technology (601/6779/8)